Borami Kang's ARTS444m6u

Friday, May 05, 2006

Time Frames

The cartoon was really fun to read. The author uses comic to talk about the subject, "Time Frames" It emphasize more of how to show time and space in 2D form, cartoon.
I liked the different perspective that the cartoon character showed. I never realized how different kinds of frames could really have different look and meaning. I read alot of, tons of Japanese and Korean cartoon books in middle and high school year. The techniques and styles that Japanses cartoonists have are really amazing. They seem so real that I almost feel like I'm watching a moving animation to me. IT shows that Japanese cartoonists know how to make 2D seem really effective in a way of making the readers understand what is going on with the event. I thought of the time frames in Falsh when I read the author's comment on metaphor he used for Time as a rope. Instead each inch represents a second, and the unity of them are the signle simplified line, there are 12frames for one second(Deafualt) in Flash and unity of them are the "layers." As I was working with Flash, I think I became more flexible and understanding of time and motion. For the last project we did, I could also learn the relationship and meaning of space to time. Still, it's always hard to show the real space and time together. Now I know that in cartoon, framing is one tool to show, I'll use them next time when I have to show motion, time, and space on 2dimensional way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home